Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Honor Indeed | Nashville Portrait Photography

I don't know why I remember that it was the day I gave my notice at work, mid-January. I think it was probably the pieces of a day full of emotion, different kinds of overwhelming emotions, that added up to cementing such a simple inquiry into the file cabinet of my mind. I guess, I remember stuff like that anyways, as the subject of this entry knows firsthand.

Needless to say, when Evin let me know of the updates taking place on her beautiful new website and blog, which were just released today, and asked if I was interested in getting some shots of her to update the site... I was obliged, elated, ecstatic to say "Yes! Absolutely!" To have someone I look up to, ask me to do for them what they are so successful at doing for others - at a time when that affirmation was more than needed - was an honor indeed.

And as the last couple of months have unfolded, Evin, a dear friend who has become even more so, dreamed and planned and worked laboriously to launch an updated and even-better website and blog. Which is saying a lot, because for five years already, Evin has established such a name for herself in our area for wedding and portrait photography.

And her character, her fun and lively personality, and her true ability to relate to and love people makes it that much easier to understand why. And to understand why the couple of hours we spent together last week were a wonderful highlight to my week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Truth be told, I look up to Evin for so much more than her successful photography business. And I always have. And because the reasons why deserve to be told, I plan to share more in an upcoming entry featuring Evin... and the two leading men in her life. Stay tuned...

And lastly, thank you Evin for the joy it is to be your friend. And for an afternoon, to have been your photographer. The new site is wonderful, and your hard work and patience have definitely paid off. The best is yet to come!

4 comments:

Lluffman said...

I LOVE it! These shots are great Kristine and Evin..you're gorgeous! I look up to both of you and am honored to be a new friend to both of you! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! What great shots.

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography said...

aw, so cute!!! Love love love the last one of her against the wall laughing. So great!! - JG

Jessica @ The Budget Savvy Bride said...

you got some wonderful shots Kristine! I am blessed to know Evin and call her a friend and you captured her beautifully! :)