Thursday, April 15, 2010

Certain Perks | Nashville Portrait Photography

Life as a member of the Gray Photography team is such a beautiful thing. When I put the last almost two years of my serious foray into the world of photography into perspective, I have had two of our closest friends - our very own wedding photographers - as teachers, employers, and ultimately, cheerleaders.

When I came on as a Shooting Intern for Zach and Jody, all of the self-teaching I had done for sometime on my own was only modified and enhanced by the technical wisdom they had to offer. And having been an Associate with them now, for a year, I can say it's only continued. There are certain perks to our partnership that have empowered me to succeed in my work with them, and ultimately, my work on my own. I love how our relationship has evolved, and I love the recognition they give me as an artist in my own right. Someone whose love of photography made an expression my profession and more.

With every wedding shot, Zach and Jody take the time to go over my work and to encourage me to continue to bring clarity and skill to my vision - my voice - of photography. With many of my own sessions, they applaud and commend. And in their own work, they invite both myself and Jessica Rai along for the ride.

Which is why, when it's workshop season for them, I get to play and refresh and be reminded all over again of the most basic and fundamental pieces of what I do - technically speaking - so that I can continue to grow and learn and serve my clients. Following are some of my shots from the Shooting & Post workshop they hosted at the end of March...

My lovely fellow Associate Jessica Rai. Love her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The beautiful Kayla, a new friend from our new church. She saved the day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you are a photographer out there who is looking for a cost-effective way to get that boost, whether it be in your shooting or post or your understanding of lighting, I'd highly encourage you to keep up with the In-Camera Workshops series they offer... and go.

And as always, thank you, Z & J, for investing in me. It means the world!

4 comments:

GrayPhotography said...

Bee-You-ti-ful!! That's all I gots to say :)

Ulmer Studios said...

Stunning!!!

Treasured Captures Photography said...

Kristine....AWESOME photos!!! I would love to go to one of their workshops...maybe someday :0) I hope I get to see you when we are in Nashville next weekend...Evin said she emailed you :0)

Becca

Evin Krehbiel said...

STUNNING!!!!!! If my photos turn out 10% as beautiful as these I will be in awe. You have such a tallent!!