Friday, March 19, 2010

A Shift in Perspective | Just For Fun

I love perspective.

In life, in art. From the window of a plane.

I always marvel at models. Not the kind gracing the runway or magazines. The kind that serve as smaller representations of bigger life. Like for buildings or cities or trains.

I often think of that moment in Zoolander when Derek first sees the model for his Center and is entirely crushed by its size. “What is this? A center for ants?! How can we be expected to teach children how to read if they can’t even fit inside the building?”

What he doesn't get, is that the tiny thing in front of is giving him a look at something he'd otherwise be unable to see the whole of. Like we can often see our own city or the one we're headed to from the window of a plane.

I think that's why I'm so intrigued by tilt-shift.

But without the actual technical gear to achieve the look, one must play and revel a bit in post-processing. And so, with some trial and error, I've played around with a few of my personal photos to get a look at what creating a miniature world out of this great big one we live in would look like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I kind of like the results!


What do yo think of tilt-shift? Ever tried it out for yourself?

2 comments:

Mom said...

wow!!! and WOW!!!!! love it!!!!

Cliff said...

Wow. I alway wondered how it would like if I ever was put into a nativity set. Now I know.
How on earth did you do that? It made them look so cool.