Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Break From The Norm

Everyone needs one, right?

Well our Easter trip to southern California was our's a few weeks ago, geographically speaking.



And this shot? Well, it's most certainly a break from the norm photographically speaking. And I love that. It's so refreshing to get "back to" the type of photography that started this whole thing in the first place. At least, for me.



The kind where life is happening all around you in the way the sunlight plays off of the brightest of yellow flowers, or in those drops of water freezing in mid-air as the dolphin breaks the surface of the water. I was in photographic heaven for four days, and I can't say my subjects weren't incredible. So... natural. sunny. bright. enthusiastic. I could keep going.

Don't get me wrong, I love people, and thus, portraiture.

But oh, how I've missed the landscapes, creatures, details, and nature of life. I will never let those NOT be a part of who I am as a photographer, because I'd be kidding myself if I did.

No comments: