Monday, February 8, 2010

Mission Complete | Nashville Portrait Photography

Don't you just love a thoughtful Valentine's gift? I mean, the personal - intentional - uncommon kind that allows you to celebrate something you might not always get the chance to do. And when I get to be a part of it for someone else? Even better. Add to that the top-secret mission element of it and I'm all about it.

When Jennifer approached me late last year about getting together a little session to work up some surprise Valentine's magic for her husband, I happily obliged. In celebration of her beauty, their story, and far too many years gone by without professional pictures taken of her, we had a plan. A normal "lunch with a friend" is what got her out the door unsuspected and true to the top-secret mission, left with her gorgeous ensemble in a bag. And so, we met that cold, rainy Saturday in early January and had a ball. But you wouldn't known the weather was unbecoming with all the light and life in Jennifer's demeanor.

Photobucket

It's long been said that redheads are of a different cut than most of us. Fiery. Spunky. Full of that extra little something that most of us just aren't lucky enough to have. And Jennifer? She's got all of it and more. She's a woman who manages to have a whole lot of fun and class in a way that's just... inspiring for a brunette like me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And girl? Yeah, she knows how to work it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been hanging on this entry for a couple of weeks now, because no one likes to be that person who ruins a surprise. So when I ran into Jennifer at church yesterday and met her husband who thanked me for the picture now adorning his office desk, I thought to myself, "mission complete."

Thank you for the opportunity to flex my secret agent photographer skills, Jennifer!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, these are so good! and she looks amazing in that dress! what a thoughtful gift! - ashley