Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just A Normal Saturday | Nashville Family Lifestyle Photography

Photobucket

Oh yes. You read that correctly. Ashton and Elijah.

The Ashton and Elijah everyone oohed and aahed over not even two months ago or so when they were first born. Oh, how tiny they were.

And still are, really.

Small enough to leave echoes of pitter-patters in my heart, that's for sure. Sigh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After about a month and a half of foiled plans, due to sicknesses and snowstorms, I finally got to spend some time catching up with Amy and Josh and their boys this past weekend.

By this point, both Amy and I were close to dying to get some updated shots of the little ones and their big brother Avery. And boy, if I don't fall in love with this session over and over again everytime I look at it...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And if there's a picture out of all of them that gets my heart stuck in my throat upon each glance, it's this one:

Photobucket

When I look at Avery, I feel the way I do when I was sitting across from Amy at a restaurant and she shared the news that after so long, there would be a little one on the way. Oh how my heart literally leapt out of my chest to match the tears pouring from my eyes. I see joy and hope and purpose beyond all measure when I look at that face. The face of the first world-changer in a line of three...

And I definitely see the last (almost) two years having gone by way, way too fast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love when a family opens their hearts and home up to me. When they trust me with their story. And when the stories are sometimes as simple and still incredibly beautiful as a Saturday afternoon watching "Little Einsteins", feeding your seven week (and a day) old newborn babies, eating popsicles, and being a family.

Because in the normalcy of life, there are always those moments as big as the ones seen on stage or in movies. And I get to see and capture them, often when no one is looking.

I love that my job is to help people remember what they don't always see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amy and Josh, thank you for sharing your Saturday with me. For having been such a constant in my life for the last umpteen years. For being friends and role models, confidants and supporters. For making such beautiful and wonderfully perfect children.

I am truly honored to be a part of your story.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Kristine, I have looked at these pictures over and over, and am amazed that you so perfectly captured the love, fun, and personalities of our precious boys. Add to it your wonderfully written insights and thoughtful captions, I must tell you that you are simply the best. Thank you for loving my family - they certainly love you, and so do I.

Mary (Emme) Stephens

Jodi said...

I think these may be the most beautiful pictures you have ever shot. Amazing. Makes me wish you were closer and could do a session with Owen and C : )

Hailey Johnston said...

Gorgeous Pics as usual! SO makes me look forward to you taking Kate's! :)

Unknown said...

I'm so slow....these are absolutely great Kristine!